Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, donation matching, volunteering, and community investment software, and we are seeking talented Software Developers to join our growing technology team.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of full software development lifecycle experience and still have a curiosity and malleability to learn new things
- You have experience with Java or PHP
- You are not new to cloud-based architecture
- Your communication skills are excellent: you can understand user needs and translate them into actionable pieces of work that teams can understand
- You understand the value of an API-first approach, loosely coupled systems, and domain driven design
- You are happy to get fast feedback and are on board with trunk-based development, behaviour-driven development, and understanding how users use what you have built
- You take pride in quality and have multiple approaches towards testing
- Your strength is in pragmatically designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- You have the ability to think abstractly and are comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems
- You find fulfillment in mentoring and leading junior engineers and helping them develop their skills and leadership abilities (and believe that everyone has something to learn and teach)
- You see opportunities in working with legacy code and optimizing existing systems
- You take satisfaction in leaving code/processes/people better than when you got there
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible.
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you. We are a fast-paced (and fast growing!) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about. As a B Corp, we are thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture. If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We are an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (er, clients!) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world. Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
- You will have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
- You will make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $2 billion in donations and 10 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
- You will join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
- You will not find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we are in this thing together.
Our Commitment to a Diverse Culture
We believe in the power of diversity and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at Benevity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
A Place for all Genders in Tech
Gender diversity and equality benefits everyone. We are committed to supporting all gender identities and expressions in tech by sharing stories and advocating for equality. We are also proud to partner with forward-thinking organizations like Chic Geek and Next Gen Men , who continue to build a more vibrant, inclusive and diverse technology landscape. While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.